Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

make: lists
































Are you a list writer? I'm totally guilty of loving lists. I won't deny the claim that lists can be overwhelming, as long as those who make such a claim won't deny that checking something off a list can be so satisfying. I'm one of the people who adds already accomplished tasks to lists just for the satisfaction of checking them off. I know there are others out there. Perhaps you're the crossing out type? I make grocery lists. And work out lists. And goal lists. And cleaning lists. I have to add "put laundry away" to a list to avoid the laziness of leaving clean clothes in a laundry basket. That's not to say I won't spontaneously accomplish something or tend to a task straight away. But lists are like my diaries. I think it's part of a need to make a record of what I'm doing. Or want to do. It's a mechanism for turning plans into reality. On a grander scale (as in grander than putting laundry away), it's a mechanism for turning dreams into reality. And like I wrote about a couple weeks ago, I'm going to stop being afraid of making big plans. Lists are the little steps to getting to the dreamed of future.

To-do list notepad by Knock Knock.

No comments: