Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

and do: go for a walk































I started this blog as a commitment to make or do something everyday. And for many days that do was going for a walk. But I hadn't been walking much lately. Besides walking to and from the bus stop. Which involves stairs and a steep hill, I'll have you know. But that walk up the hill at the end of the work day isn't what I would call mind-clearing. The mind is more likely going at a rapid clip of, "Ugh. Why do I insist on carrying this piece of luggage I call a purse. Surely I don't need to bring this full water bottle everyday. I don't even remember to drink out it. That's why it's still full. And I who am I kidding, half the time I don't pull out my book on the bus. I really should leave it at home." So, I've stopped taking afternoon walks. But this past Saturday was a beautiful day and my Seattle guilt (the guilt that insists all sunny days be taken advantage of) drove me out for a walk. It was great. I remembered why I love walking. I experienced the mind-clearing and the creativity-sparking magic of walking. I remembered why going for a walk always counts as a do for the day.

Image via here.

No comments: