Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

and do: get dressed







































When I entered this period of unemployment I made a very important promise to myself: I would continue to get up at the same time every morning. I'm a morning person (please don't hate me). Understand that really by what I mean by "morning person" is that I am not an evening person. If left to remain accountable to an evening exercise schedule, you would promptly see my love for ice cream manifesting itself on my poor body. But seriously, I love working out in the morning. So, I made this promise to myself. A promise that I did not make, however, was: To get dressed everyday. Obviously since I wake up, put on workout clothes and get my sweat on, I am changing out of my pjs. But in reality, if I don't have an interview, I'm changing into another pair of yoga pants.

I would like to begin a new promise to myself: To get dressed. Like everyday. At least for part of the day. (See how I'm trying to make it easy on myself.) Anyways, I'd like to make this a regular series here on makeanddo. And because my own closet often feels quite boring, I'm going to share with you what I would be getting dressed into should the power to make dream closets a reality ever become mine.

Today, I'm wishing I were perfectly styling the sneakers and dress look. How cool does the girl above look?

Image via Creators of Desire

No comments: