Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

and do: get dressed #3







































Do you make New Year's resolutions? I know you probably don't want to talk about it at the end of August since they have probably A) blissfully fallen off your radar, and B) it's not like it's December 31st and you feel pressure to make new ones and thus be forced to revisit unaccomplished old ones. Despite the immense personal pressure that accompanies resolutions, I like them. I make them every year. I've got a few on 2013's list that have been hanging out since 2011. But I like them anyways. One year one resolution was to wear lipstick at least once a week. It could be to just run to the drugstore. I didn't accomplish this goal, but for the first time in my life I started considering lipstick as a way to get dressed. To not be afraid to bring a little attention to myself. To "pull it together" if you will. The above image from J.Crew demonstrates the idea perfectly. Even in sweatpants, a girl in lipstick is in an outfit.

Image via here.

No comments: