Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

make: stuffed eggplant


Before I traveled to Italy, I thought I didn't like Italian food. I soon learned that I didn't like Americanized Italian food. I love thin crust pizza. I love pasta dressed with nothing more than sharp cheese and black pepper. I love fried zucchini flowers and fresh mozzarella. Italian food is simple. And delicious in its simplicity. I made this stuffed eggplant recipe the other night. It had been over a year and I'd nearly forgotten about it. Thank goodness something tapped my memory. It's simple. And it's delicious. The recipe is from the cookbook/memoir A Year in the Village of Eternity by Tracey Lawson -- a book I read several years after my travels to Italy and one of the many things that has me dying to go back.

No comments: