Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

and do: go to a museum #2

























Let me start by saying that Links: Australian Glass and the Pacific Northwest at the Museum of Glass is really an exceptional exhibit. Still I also have to say that one of the most whimsical and conversational pieces of art that I saw during my excursion to Tacoma was this stump (what do you even call these things that often bridge the space between the sidewalk and the crosswalk?) that was covered in the museum admission stickers. It made me laugh. It made me pause and take a picture. And it made me marvel at the fact that the first person to most likely simply casually dispose of their sticker in this way probably had no idea they were starting a collaborative piece. It's fun to think of all the art lovers and tourists who have contributed to this piece of work.

I also loved these pieces by Janice Vitkovsky.




No comments: